Friday, April 23, 2010

Not going as well as I had planned

Hmmmm so today my tomatoes were looking a little floppy. Right now they are in a seed starting kit so they have to stay inside, and they are fighting for sunlight with the cucumbers and cantaloupes. They bent pretty much completely flat trying to get the sun and they look really thirsty. I put them outside for a little bit and went around and picked up little twigs so I could start trellising them.

I also had to cut down the weakest ones, so I went from having about 23 plants to having around 15; some of the ones I saved will eventually die off though. The cucumbers are taller then the tomatoes but they are sturdier; I trellised them with twigs though anyway. The cantaloupes took the longest to sprout, but they are also looking the strongest so we'll see.

I decided to do a test run on fertilizer on the tomatoes, and accidentally dumped a lot of it on one of the plants. Hopefully it doesn't get burned from it; oh well, 15 tomato plants is a little excessive.


Tomorrow is Week 3 so I am going to update pictures tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment